- The New Yorker released their annual “Food Issue” just in time for the holidays. I’m partial to the piece on the never-ending parade of cookbooks.
- In other food-related press, local Syracuse outlet The NewsHouse recently had a very interesting story about a deaf-Sudanese refugee who found a home working at Funk N’ Waffles.
- The New York Times reminds us to double-check the pre-canned yams with their “Stuff in Foods” video.
- Finally, this week I had the opportunity to interact with two of my Top Five Fav Pop Culture People…Ira Glass (I asked him about food too) and ANTHONY BOURDAIN!
During his Q&A session, I managed to ask him about his favorite breakfast meal (not available in this country) because my question about his development as a writer was asked while I waited in the microphone line. The first half of the night was all Bourdain riffing on his topics of choice including:
–His favorite TV food personalities (Giada, Ramsay, Paula Deen, Flay, Batali, Alton Brown… he shares the opinion of this blog on a certain sweatband wearing host though 🙂 ).
–His distaste for the Food Network
– His tips for Americans traveling abroad (Eat where no other Americans eat, respect the local customs 100 percent)
– His take on the recent Organic-push in response to food processing horrors
It goes without saying, absolutely worth the trip.